[Users] Popup collapsible option and 'stack overflow' / 'too much recursion' error

Antony Scott Antony.Scott at sustain.co.uk
Mon Jul 4 17:41:41 CEST 2011

Hi

I've come across an issue with the GeoExt popup and the 'collapsible' option.

If I set 'collapsible: true' and 'anchored: true', the popup opens OK, and can be collapsed. However when I pan so that the (collapsed) popup goes off screen, then pan back, I get a 'stack overflow' error in IE, or in Firefox a 'too much recursion' error. Panning with the popup expanded is not an issue. If I set anchored: false, or collapsible: false, there's no problem. It's not specific to one machine.

My popup code is below - any suggestions as to what might be happening here?

                   new GeoExt.Popup({
                    title: "Location Detail",
                    width: 320,
                    height: 400,
                    autoScroll: true,
                    unpinnable: false,
                    map: map,
                    anchored: true,
                    location: map.getLonLatFromPixel(event.xy),
                    html:  '<div>'+event.text+'</div>',
                    collapsible: true
                   })
Many thanks
Antony Scott

Sustain is a leading carbon reduction company. Our clients have saved

4,020,093 lifetime tCO2e through working with us (May 2011)

Sustain Ltd.  Registered in England No. 3384793

Barley Wood Stables, Long Lane, Wrington, Bristol BS40 5SA, UK

This e-mail and any attachments are strictly confidential

and intended solely for the addressee.  If you are not the

intended recipient of this document then you must

immediately inform the sender and delete this e-mail and

any attachments from your system.

E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or

error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted,

lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete.  The sender

does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in

the content of this message which arise as a result of

e-mail transmission.