[Users] Drag drop into a map

Moataz Elmasry zaza1851983ml at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 2 13:04:02 CET 2010

hello list

I want to have an list/tree/whatever component of Ext. This list
contains feature prototypes, say for example a bus stop or a supermarkt,
and when I drag and drop an item from the list to the map, I get to edit
this feature as an actual feature on the map (name,description, etc...).

The question is how to drag an Extjs item and drop it as a feature on
the map. a naive idea would be onStartDrag raise a flag and save this
component temporarily, and when the mouse moves into the map, I check if
the flag is raised, take the needed properties of the extjs item, build
a feature out of it on the map and continue dragging it as a feature
using the control ModifyFeature

Is there a smarter way to do that?

Regards,
Moataz